fredag 18 maj 2012

All over the world

The last days have I thought a lot about and remembered different places in the world were I have spent some more time.

It was Russia the other night when I couldn't sleep. The country, the language the culture that stole a lot of my time. I had a year at university when i hardly studied any mathematics at all, but only a lot of russian (and some pedagogy). Actually I don't really know what happened. But I liked it. And I will never forget the orphans I spend time with. And my young gangster who came to meet me at the hotel and showed my around in the city.

It was Namibia some days ago when I watched through my photos from the pre-school. The funny taxi-drivers, the cheep steaks at the restaurants, the ridiculous names of all the shops and beer houses, the wonderful people I met who sowed me more hospitality and kindness than I knew existed. People who really took care of me.

And today was it Malawi. I had to make myself tomato soup today. Soup that actually is sauce. We got it almost every day during our two months time there.  I never understood why they called it soup. But there are a lot of other things I don't understand about the Malawians too. But they are the friendliest people I ever met. And I love the fact that the country was full of cheap mangoes and gentlemen who brought them to me.

At one point I thought that all the different countries stole pieces from my heart, cause I feel a special love for all of them. But now I think they didn't steel it. They just took a special place in my heart. And my heart is being stretched all the time i find new people and places to love. There is always place for more to love. It is just to stretch the heart more. But there are place.

And if I one day notice that there is no place for more to love, then I have a reason to be worried.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar